The time of day you post an article has some effect on how well your article will be recieved – generally speaking.
The day of the week also matters, along with several other small but important factors you should be aware of.
- The highest percentage of users read blogs in the morning.
- A higher percentage of men read blogs in the evening and at night.
- The average blog gets the most traffic on Monday.
- The average blog gets the most traffic around 11am Eastern Time.
- The average blog gets the most comments on Saturday.
- The average blog gets the most inbound links on Monday and Thursday.
- The average blog gets the most inbound links at 7am Eastern Time.
(Data from Kissmetrics)
Here are those seven factors in a related infographic.
And here’s another study to consider.
Based on the results of 250.000 posts and 5 million clicks Argylesocial.com published an infographic with interesting Social Timing Insights.
Track your own data in a spreadsheet to determine the best fit for your en-devours.